On Friday, May22, 2020, the Bloomer school district celebrated the senior class of 2020 on what would have been its graduation night if it weren't for the restrictions in place because of the COVID-19 pandemic. At 8:20 p.m. (20:20 military time), the school district lit up the football field and put 20 minutes and 20 seconds on the scoreboard and set the teams to BHS and SENIOR and the scores to 20-20. The stadium lights stayed on for 20 minutes and 20 seconds and all over town residents turned on porch lights at 8:20 p.m. and gave a shout out to the Class of 2020. After the lights went out, fireworks were shot off from the softball field complex.
Bell Press Publications
- State senator worried about Gov. Evers' reported plan to shame Wisconsin businesses over coronavirus cases
- Senate Majority Leader: Is Gov. Evers hiding felon in his office?
- Heavy Rain Monday Causes Flooding In Bloomer
- Rhonda Kunsman Announces Run For Register Of Deeds
- Analysis ranks Wisconsin 28th highest among states for its municipal bond credit outlook
- Report on Wisconsin coronavirus economy: Some jobs won't come back
- Ultra trail runner breaks Ice Age Trail FKT record
- Judge to issue decision on Racine's COVID-19 law later today
- TriEnda Launches Innovative Bulk Bag Pallet
- Norval A. Beyrer