Paul Rudersdorf, president and CEO of Security Financial Bank (SFB), is pleased to announce that nine area recent high school graduates each have been awarded a $500 scholarship to be used to further their education.
• Jenna Ewer, a graduate of Ladysmith High School, will major in elementary education at Winona State University.
• Megan Gillett, a graduate of Fall Creek High School, will major in business at the University of St. Thomas.
• Rylie Jarr, a graduate of Bloomer High School, will major in business at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
• Jalen Kitchner, a graduate of Durand High School, plans to major in marketing/business at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
• Julia Paschke, a graduate of River Falls High School, will be majoring in international business/finance at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
• Mason Smetana, a graduate of Bloomer High School, plans to study business management at Chippewa Valley Technical College.
• Cole Stensen, a graduate of Augusta High School, will major in accounting at Western Technical College.
• Lucas Winkler, a graduate of Durand High School, will study business management at Chippewa Valley Technical College.
• Kathleen Zimmer, a graduate of Flambeau High School, plans to study agricultural business at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.
Each year, SFB awards up to two $500 scholarships in each of its markets to graduating high school seniors. Recipients are chosen based on involvement in school, youth organizations and community events with particular preference given to students pursuing a career in finance, accounting or business administration.
About Security Financial Bank
Established in 1934, Security Financial Bank is a locally-owned financial institution focused on business and agriculture with offices in Bloomer, Durand, Eau Claire, Ladysmith and River Falls. SFB strives to provide products and services that exceed its clients’ needs and provides guidance that enable them to succeed. For more information on SFB, please visit www.sfbank.com or call
888-254-0615. SFB is an equal opportunity provider.